Fighting To Make A Difference For Children And Parents
At Hearn Law Firm, PLLC, we understand that any injury to your child threatens to turn your family’s life upside down. It is even worse when the injury could have – and should have – been prevented. Our founding lawyer, Philip C. Hearn, has been helping Mississippi families from our offices in Jackson and Blue Mountain for more than 25 years. If your family is suffering the ramifications of a birth injury, you can rely on our firm to guide you through this difficult time and pursue the justice you deserve.
Birth Injury And Medical Malpractice Representation
Birth injuries that are the direct result of negligence can lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit seeking financial compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost future earnings and other damages. At Hearn Law Firm, PLLC, we handle personal injury claims involving a wide range of birth injuries, including:
- Brain damage
- Shoulder dystocia
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Brachial plexus palsy
- Clavicle fractures
- Klumpke’s palsy
- Facial paralysis
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
These traumatic birth injuries are often caused by the negligent actions of doctors, nurses and other delivery personnel. Examples include:
- Improper forceps use, which can result in permanent nerve damage and injuries to the head
- Improper vacuum use, which can result in severe injuries to the mother and the newborn
- Failure to or delay in ordering a cesarean section, which can result in unnecessary fetal distress and additional complications for the mother and the newborn
- Failure to monitor heart rate and other vital signs, which can lead to the failure to order an emergency C-section
- Neglecting to perform specialized tests throughout the pregnancy
- Failure to diagnose or treat conditions such as infections, umbilical cord entrapment or premature membrane ruptures
How Do I Know If My Child Was Injured Due To Medical Malpractice?
Some birth injuries are unavoidable. An experienced attorney from our firm can review your potential case to determine whether your child’s injury was the result of negligence by a doctor, nurse, other medical professional or hospital. If we believe the professionals responsible for your child’s care failed to meet the standard of care, we can help you pursue the full financial compensation you are entitled to.