It is safe to say that most Mississippi residents are not prepared to handle criminal charges very well. For many, this is the first time they have ever been on the “wrong side” of the law. However, the things you do in the immediate aftermath of an arrest can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
You probably know that a criminal defense attorney can help you achieve the most favorable outcome. How can you know when a lawyer is right for your case? Rather than picking the first lawyer you come across in a web search or the yellow pages, we recommend putting more thought into the matter.
For best results in your criminal case, ask your attorney candidates questions like the ones below.
- Do you have prior experience handling cases like mine?
- What is your rate of success in defending clients like me?
- Will you handle my defense personally or hand it out to an associate?
- What are my options for building effective defense strategies?
- Do you communicate regularly with your clients?
- How long have been a defense attorney?
We also urge you to pay attention to the responses and answers you get during your consultation. Vague or indecisive responses might be a sign that you need to look elsewhere. On the other hand, if you feel confident by the end of your meeting, you might have found the right advocate to protect your best interests.
We know how frightening it is when you are facing criminal charges. Our attorneys encourage you to continue reviewing our blog and our website to learn more about your journey through the Mississippi system of justice. We also invite you to reach out to us for personalized answers about your case.